2015 VSIA GENERAL MEETING |
THE VIRGINIA SELF-INSURERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
Tuesday & Wednesday, June 2-3, 2015
The Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa/Short Pump-- Richmond, VA
You will not want to miss VSIA's General Meeting at the Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa/Short Pump in Richmond, VA on June 2-3, 2015. This year’s General Meeting includes a captain’s choice golf tournament for all ability levels at The Crossings Golf Club, a cocktail party (golf/casual business attire), and an outstanding workers’ compensation educational program featuring national and state experts and Virginia’s three workers’ compensation commissioners discussing the following cutting-edge topics of importance to everyone involved with Virginia’s workers’ compensation system:
- Resolving Virginia workers’ compensation claims through mediation: when, why and how; the mediator’s expectations; strategy; preparation; and evaluating the results.
- Where workers’ compensation medical costs currently stand in Virginia and a detailed review of the requirements of HB 1820 (2015) and the databases of workers’ compensation or healthcare data that could be used to determine what a Virginia employer’s pecuniary liability should be for medical services rendered to a claimant.
- An update on Medicare secondary payor issues – what has changed in the last two years; CMS points of emphasis; new regulations; and tips to improve your outcomes.
- Actions taken by the 2015 Session of the Virginia General Assembly.
- Recent legal and procedural developments that are tilting the playing field.
- Updates from the Commissioners on: prompt pay law impacts and the number of medical service disputes; EDI report cards; the schedule for implementing electronic submission/billing/payment systems required under HB 2384 (2015) and the development of factors that will govern by when entities must comply; and a discussion of the contents of HB 1486 and SB 770 (2015) that amend the “exclusivity” section of the Act..
Hotel reservations must be made by May 12, 2015 to ensure the guaranteed conference rate. Meeting registrations, tabletop display reservations (a limited number are available on a first come/first served basis), and golf registrations are also due by May 12th.
Additional detailed meeting information and all forms necessary to register for the meeting and golf tournament and for members to reserve tabletop display tables can be found below. So register today and we look forward to seeing you in Richmond in June!